Ideal Mate

We all have it, the image in our heads of what our ideal mate is. I've had so many that I can't even keep count. It changes from a light-skinned brother with blue eyes to a dark/brown-skinned brother. The constants are that he has to be Nigerian, specifically Igbo, preferably from Anambra State, like me and he has to be tall, above 6'2, I'm 5'11 and have a great character, morals, ethics, personality.

Yesterday, it was this light-skinned dude with blue eyes that had me at hello (I was watching a movie and that's where I spotted him.) Today, it's a dark-skinned brother from the L word. Funny thing is that I'm more captivated by the dark-skinned brother and can actually visualize myself with him, if there was such a guy in real life. His physicality pleases me a great deal. He's tall, very attractive, but in a rugged sort of way, not a pretty boy. He's not overly muscular but he's certainly not fat. He's just right and I think that's what I find appealing about him. He's just right.

In the past, after spotting such a fellow, I would have it in my head to start searching for someone like him. That is the past. Today, this present, I leave it in God's hand. I'm am not the author of my fate, God is. I don't know what's going to take place tomorrow, let alone the next millisecond, but God does, so who better to leave my request with?

As I said, my outward ideal changes, but what remains constant is the character of the person.

Comments

Berean Girl said…
"I don't know what's going to take place tomorrow, let alone the next millisecond, but God does, so who better to leave my request with?"

- So true!
Anonymous said…
Yes, the constant is the inner person. However, i daresay the outward is no less important to me.

That one 'connect' mentally does not mean one will be physically attracted to the other. Without attraction, *thinking* is it possible to even begin (or initiate) a relationship?

Popular posts from this blog

putting myself in the crosshairs

Setting my heart free