Composite

I've been thinking about this for a while now.  There are some amazing qualities that the men I've dated or am currently seeing have but there are also some qualities they have that I'm not too fond of.  This is leading to the fact that, in my head, I have this picture of this ideal guy for me.  I wish I could build the ideal man, not perfect because there's no such thing, for me.  But the more I think about it, the more the notion comes to mind that no matter who we end up w/, they won't encompass everything we're looking for.  We make adjustments, compromises for the little things.  That's an interesting concept, one that I'm not sure I'm ready to accept yet.  In my mind, I still believe that the one for me is out there, I just haven't met him yet.  (I know.  I'm 35 yrs old and I still believe in fairy tales - tee hee).

Comments

T.Notes said…
Funny i've been sorta thinking along the same line.But how far off do we have to draw a compromise?On the emotional or physical level?If u sync on the emotional level but wish just a little bit more on the physical,does that count for reasonable compromise?
YankeeNaija said…
that my dear is a very good question. a question i wonder why you're asking because you already have your ideal mate.
Unknown said…
I think 'emotional chemistry' is important. You can always work on other things but urm... how far? - is certainly the question. Like would I go with a 2 ft midget? No. So there's limitations to 'compromise' but no partner can be perfect.

How are you, girl?
T.Notes said…
Hun,least i alarm you, the concept of an ideal mate does wane after a while for almost every man.Blame it on the roaming roaming eyes-even for the best of us.On somedays,the forces of physical greed takes the cake over the finest emotional chemistry.I summise that i ought to grow old faster and loose use for the culprit inbetween me legs...then maybe my life might be saner!

P.S...thanx4 d understanding/recognition on my last blog.
musco said…
@YankeeNaija- very simple! ...my offer still stands!

LOL!
YankeeNaija said…
@NJ: I'm good. Just taking it one day at a time. How are you?

@TN: like duh! you're my boy.

@Musco: the only hindrance is madame, she'd kick my ass and I'm not risking it. lol. I still love you though.

Popular posts from this blog

putting myself in the crosshairs

Weekend update