Desperation

Desperation can make an individual do things they never thought they could or would do. Situations can arise that prompt an individual to believe that they need to take extreme measures in order to get past the situation they find themselves in. But this is where faith in God and the stronghold of God comes into play.

I found myself in a financial bind and considered all of my options. I thought about going a certain route which I knew was so out of character for me but as I said, I was desperate. I thought that I could handle the situation and get myself out of it. But as it came time to say my noon prayer, I was thinking about king Hezekiah and how when he faced a stressful situation, he tried to handle it himself and made things worse. He then turned to God and God turned things around for him, making things better for him than they were in the beginning. I too have turned to God and placed it all in His hands. What power do I possess? Some, but not in the vicinity that God has, so I give my problems to Him and ask Him to help me and see me through.

I also found that when I took on my problem myself, I distanced myself from Him, one because of the guilt I felt and two because I questioned His power.

He is able, I can NEVER forget that. God is able and He will ALWAYS see me through, no matter how difficult my situation is.

Thank you Father.

Comments

~Sirius~ said…
I know what you mean.

I guess He intentionally lets us get to that stage of "Desperation"so we remember that He will ALWAYS be faithful and come through no matter what, and not for us to turn to ourselves/man for solutions.

Popular posts from this blog

putting myself in the crosshairs

Weekend update