Revelations

When your eyes are finally open to the truths that are said to be self-evident, it's amazing how your life changes.  Not just your life, but your way of thinking. We are ever evolving creatures and aren't meant to remain stagnant.  We are created to change, to metamorphosize into greater aspects of ourselves.  There are those of us that are lucky to go about this early in their lives, but there are those of us that are meant to go about this later in life.

I've gotten to where I'm just tired of doing the same old same old.  It's just not working.  I'm physically, emotionally and spiritually exhausted.  I am deeply religious and believe that God wants me to make a change and stop going about my life the hard way and start doing it His way.  His way is easier, His way is way less stressful and His way generates results.

I'm 37 years old and I'm finally going to let God have His way with me.  I'm finally going to let God make my life the way it was always meant to be.  I've had over 20 years to do it and I've haven't garnered anything resembling what I want so God said, "My turn."

I'm not trying to jam anything down anyone's throat and we're all entitled to our beliefs, our thoughts, whatever but this is mine.

It took me a very long time to get to this point, the point where, not just that I feel, but I know, that I've taken myself as far as I can take me and NOW, it's time for God to take over.

I don't worry because I know He'll do a far better job than I can.

I already feel a change in my mindset.  When I was in control, I took whatever was in front of me, whether it was for me or not, because I felt that I'd better take it because I may never get another opportunity again.  But already, my relinquishing my wishes and deferring to God, I already feel and know that I don't have to settle for anything or anyone that is sub par.

That's the thing that amazes me about this whole situation.  I don't have to take what's there.  I can actually expect the best.  There in lies the issue though.  If I'm expecting the best, now, don't I have to be the best as well?  Exactly.  That's the great thing about this whole evolving business.  Whilst my mindset towards what's in front of me is changing, I'm changing internally.

Truly, God is good.  I really wish I'd had this revelation ages ago, or if I had it ages ago, I wish I'd recognized it and saved myself over 20 years of disappointment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

putting myself in the crosshairs

Setting my heart free